Furch Blue D-CM
Western Red Cedar / African Mahogany
- High-quality acoustic guitar made from carefully select solid woods.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including soundboard voicing, the revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint, and Open-Pore Finish.
- Refined warm appearance featuring a rosette with a black walnut inlay, and artificial tortoise pickguard and body binding.
Furch Blue CM guitar is our most affordable solid-wood instrument. The soundboard is made from high-grade western red cedar, and the back and sides feature high-quality African mahogany. Open-Pore Finish leaves wood pores exposed, which preserves the natural acoustic properties of tonewoods. The combination of these high-quality solid tonewoods and finish produces a beautiful musical sound across the entire tonal range with slightly pronounced lows.
Sound is the most important consideration for Furch guitars. Their excellent acoustic qualities are the result of state-of-the art technologies, proprietary production processes and precision craftsmanship combined with the use of the best available tonewoods. Furch Blue CM guitar is no fluke. Hear its exceptional sound quality for yourself with Tonepedia’s app. You can compare its unique sound with other Furch models and also guitars from other manufacturers.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of Furch Blue CM guitar is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the guitar’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, Furch Blue CM guitar has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
Furch Blue CM guitar features Open-Pore Finish, a special thin finish that promotes the natural sonic qualities of tonewoods and provides an excellent level of surface protection. The finish accentuates low frequencies and produces a natural woody sound.
The guitar owes its attractive natural appearance to binding made from artificial tortoise.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
|Available body shapes||D|
|Neck-to-body joint||At the 14th fret|
|Solid top – grade||Western red cedar – AA|
|Solid back and sides – grade||African mahogany – AA|
|Purfling||Black and white lines|
|Rosette||Black walnut double ring|
|Saddle||TUSQ fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||2 3/16|
|Top finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Pickguard||Artificial tortoise with transparent pickguard extension towards soundhole|
|Nut width||1 3/4|
|Available nut width||1 11/16 and 1 7/8|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||25 9/16|
|Fingerboard radius||15 3/4|
|Fingerboard front inlay||White position dots|
|Fingerboard side inlay||White position dots|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Chrome – gear ratio 1:18|
|Nut string spacing (1 3/4)||1 1/2|
|Nut string spacing (1 11/16)||1 7/16|
|Nut string spacing (1 7/8)||1 9/16|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Headstock finish||Open-Pore Finish|