Furch Blue D-MM
African Mahogany / African Mahogany
- High-quality acoustic guitar made from carefully selected solid woods.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including a special soundboard voicing process, the revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint, and Open-Pore Finish.
- Refined warm appearance featuring an artificial tortoise body binding, and double ring rosette with a black walnut inlay.
The Furch Blue MM is one of our most affordable solid-wood guitars. The instrument’s body is made from carefully selected African mahogany and coated with our Open-Pore Finish. This combination gives the instrument an organic appearance and beautiful tonality across the entire range while slightly enhancing lower frequencies.
Sound is the most important consideration for Furch guitars. Their excellent acoustic qualities are the result of state-of-the art technologies, proprietary production processes and precision craftsmanship combined with the use of the best available tonewoods. Furch Blue MM guitar is no fluke. Hear its exceptional sound quality for yourself with Tonepedia’s app. You can compare its unique sound with other Furch models and also guitars from other manufacturers.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of Furch Blue MM guitar is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the instrument’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, Furch Blue MM guitar has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
The instrument features Open-Pore Finish, a special thin finish that promotes the natural sonic qualities of tonewoods and provides an excellent level of surface protection. The finish accentuates low frequencies and produces a natural woody sound.
The beautiful natural appearance of the Furch Blue MM guitar is underscored by artificial tortoise body binding.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
Rosette made of black walnut
The soundhole is adorned by a rosette featuring a double ring with black walnut inlay and black and white contrasting lines.
Elegant black pickguard
Furch Blue MM guitar is protected by a black pickguard, which has been redesigned by the addition of a transparent extension toward the soundhole. This pickguard shape provides better soundboard protection without disrupting the rosette pattern.
The fingerboard of the guitar is made from high-quality ebony. It features white position dots and buffed frets with hidden fret leg ends, which allows for high playing comfort.
|Available body shapes||D, OM|
|Neck-to-body joint||At the 14th fret|
|Solid top – grade||African mahogany – AA|
|Solid back and sides – grade||African mahogany – AA|
|Rosette||Double ring with walnut inlay and black and white lines|
|Saddle||TUSQ fully compensated|
|String spacing at the bridge||2 3/16|
|Top finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Pickguard||Black with transparent pickguard extension towards soundhole|
|Nut width||1 3/4|
|Available nut width||1 11/16 and 1 7/8|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||25 9/16|
|Fingerboard radius||15 3/4|
|Fingerboard front inlay||White position dots|
|Fingerboard side inlay||White position dots|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Chrome – gear ratio 1:18|
|String spacing at the nut (45 mm)||1 1/2|
|String spacing at the nut (43 mm)||1 7/16|
|String spacing at the nut (48 mm)||1 9/16|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Headstock finish||Open-Pore Finish|