Furch Indigo D-CY
- High-quality acoustic guitar with soundboard from solid cedar.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including special soundboard voicing and the revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint.
- Refined warm appearance featuring black body binding, a double ring rosette with a black walnut inlay, and a faux tortoise pickguard.
Furch Indigo CY guitar takes full advantage of the tonal potential of a solid western red cedar soundboard and layered mahogany back and sides. The back is pressed into an arch thanks to which no reinforcing braces are necessary. This design has a positive effect on the guitar’s resonance and translates into a strong and dynamic sound. The voice of Furch Indigo CY guitar is further enhanced by Open-Pore Finish that leaves wood pores exposed and preserves the natural tonality of tonewoods.
Sound is the most important consideration for Furch guitars. Their excellent acoustic qualities are the result of state-of-the art technologies, proprietary production processes and precision craftsmanship combined with the use of the best available tonewoods. Furch Indigo CY guitar is no fluke. Hear its exceptional sound quality for yourself with Tonepedia’s app. You can compare its unique sound with other Furch models and also guitars from other manufacturers.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of Furch Indigo CY guitar is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the instrument’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, Furch Indigo CY guitar has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
The instrument features Open-Pore Finish, a special thin finish that promotes the natural sonic qualities of tonewoods and provides an excellent level of surface protection. The finish accentuates low frequencies and produces a natural woody sound.
The Furch Indigo CY guitar is protected by a faux tortoise pickguard, which has been redesigned by the addition of a transparent extension toward the soundhole. This pickguard shape provides better soundboard protection without disrupting the rosette pattern.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
The attractive warm look of the cedar soundboard is underscored by a combination of black binding and a rosette featuring a double ring with a black walnut inlay.
The fingerboard is made from high-quality ebony and features buffed frets with hidden fret leg ends, which allows for high playing comfort.
|Available body shapes||D, G|
|Neck-to-body joint||14th fret|
|Solid top – grade||Western red cedar – AA|
|Back and sides||Layered mahogany|
|Rosette||Double ring with black walnut inlay|
|Saddle||Black TUSQ fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||55 mm|
|Top finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Pickguard||Faux tortoise with transparent pickguard extension towards soundhole|
|Nut width||45 mm|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||650 mm|
|Fingerboard radius||400 mm|
|Fingerboard side inlay||White position dots|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Chrome – gear ratio 1:18|
|Zero fret||Black TUSQ|
|Nut string spacing||38 mm|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Open-Pore Finish with antibacterial additive|
|Headstock finish||Open-Pore Finish|